Re: [opensuse] nut package 17 months out of date?
On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 12:57 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2009-10-10 at 23:48 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:

Ever thought about going to a rolling-release system with openSuSE?
Just seem
like so much cleaner way to do a distro. Leave SLES and SLED as the Novell
"release" model products, but take openSuSE to a rolling-release model.

I don't think so. It is more unstable.

I have "problems" with 11.0 that are solved in 11.1, and new problems in
11.1 that were not in 11.0. With a rolling scheme I would have no way of
installing a version that worked in each situation. There could be
snapshots, but no way to patch them, because there would be no patches,
just update everything to the newest version.

No, I prefer the current state. If asked, I prefer longer maintenance
periods than the current 18 month period.

You mean something like giving the XX.3 release Long Term Support?
Sounds nice, though a previous request for LTS has been declined some
time ago... (probably too much work involved for the official staff)