Re: [opensuse] fresh clean install - but use *old* /home - opinions / howto
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:52:12 -1000
On Saturday 10 October 2009 02:18:27 pm David C. Rankin wrote:
On Friday 09 October 2009 12:53:14 pm kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
by this you mean manual editing of /etc/fstab to change where /home is? I
usually do that just as a precaution when i ahave no room for a backup
of /home!

No,

I mean edit /etc/inittab and change the 3 to a 5 here:

# The default runlevel is defined here
id:5:initdefault:
^

This is the actual setting that determines which runlevel you box boot
into. If you have it set to runlevel 3 during install, your line will look
like this:

id:3:initdefault:

To set it to boot to runlevel 5, make it look like this:

id:5:initdefault:

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

actually my comments about /etc/fstab are about setting and/or changing
the /home location, to "roll in " my selected dir.. I assumed that booting
to run level 3 was kind of obvious.
d.