Re: [opensuse] Support for Lenovo G530

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael S. Dunsavage" <mikesd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Support for Lenovo G530

david feustel wrote:
I bought a Lenovo g530 and installed 11.2 on it, but there
were no drivers for the internet hardware
in the 530, so I had no access to my comcast modem and
I went back toVista. When will Opensuse have hardware support for the
g530?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel
see if http://intellinuxwireless.org/ helps

or

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_(Wireless)

maybe try going through yast and finding new hardware?

Neither the wireless nor the wired ports worked so I had
NO internet access until I reinstalled vista.

What chipset is the NIC? I did some googling and found those 2 links.
It would have to be based on when the drivers are in the kernel, however
Ubuntu works fine on it I read so I don't now. Probably have to get
intel drivers. See the first link. See the 2nd link to see what chipset
the NIC is and go from there.

I did some quick research and found that it could be realtek or intel
chipset. Google is your friend.

believed to be clean.