Re: [opensuse] Support for Lenovo G530
  • From: "Michael S. Dunsavage" <mikesd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:55:12 -0400
david feustel wrote:
I bought a Lenovo g530 and installed 11.2 on it, but there
were no drivers for the internet hardware
in the 530, so I had no access to my comcast modem and
I went back toVista. When will Opensuse have hardware support for the

Dave Feustel
see if helps

maybe try going through yast and finding new hardware?

What chipset is the NIC? I did some googling and found those 2 links.
It would have to be based on when the drivers are in the kernel, however
Ubuntu works fine on it I read so I don't now. Probably have to get
intel drivers. See the first link. See the 2nd link to see what chipset
the NIC is and go from there.

I did some quick research and found that it could be realtek or intel
chipset. Google is your friend.

believed to be clean.