Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 20:42:31 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 17:27 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:

hence i would recommend using keys and disable all password-logins.
Other suggestion, use a VPN.

My ssh access is password protected. It is not so much that someone
gets in (although I keep an eye open), but rather all the attempts eat
resources.

Roger, that's almost certainly the first time I've heard anyone say
that - I couldn't care less about the resources wasted by ssh brute
force attacks (as long as they're not actually denial-of-service), but
I care a lot about anyone getting in.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.3°C)