Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:57:25 +0200
At 23:30:00 on Friday Friday 02 October 2009, "<jdd-gmane>"
<jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Goodman a écrit :
At 20:12:38 on Friday Friday 02 October 2009, Felix Miata
<mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now the installation is finished, and I can see what it did to the
partitioniing etc.

The order of partitions according to ID number (not ux) is as
follows:

1) Primary: Boot Manager
2) Logical: sda5 (LinuxV1 - Swapspace2)
3) Logical: sda6 (/) (GRUB)
4) Logical: sda7 (/home)

All the above have the sizes I requested.

5) Primary: sda3 (LinuxxT1 - Swap)
6) Primary: sda4 (Unknown)

Altogether, accounting for the entire disk.

yes, goos

I do not know the meaning of T1 and V1 for the two swaps.

nor do I. names given by DFSee, probably, see manual

Here is the fdisk listing:

Device Boot Start End ID System
/dev/sda1 1 1 -- a OS/2 Boot Manager
/dev/sda2 2 8204 -- 5 Extended
/dev/sda3 8205 8466 -- 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda4 8467 30401 -- 83 Linux
/dev/sda5 2 271 -- 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda6 272 2963 -- 82 Linux
/dev/sda7 2964 8204 -- 83 Linux

So the 'fictitious' particians are real, and overlap the ones I made.
I will try to delete tham, but don't know what effect that will have
on the 'real ones'. A real snakes nest.

where do you see any problem? /dev/sda2 is the extended partition,
including all the logical ones. sda2 begins in sector 2 as do sda5,
and end in sector 8204 as do sda7

sda5, 6, 7 are written *inside* sda2 like they have to as good logical
partitions :-)

I think I got bleary from frustration with the touch pad, which is
extremely erratic and frustrating. I apologize.

absolutely no problem and you could have done this in a snap with
fdisk...

Notice: I don't know anything of OS/2 boot manager, I never had to use
OS/2

Notice2: it seems than the bug is in DFSee as no other program edited
the partition table

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net