Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:40:30 -0400
On 2009/10/02 20:17 (GMT+0200) <jdd-gmane> composed:

I don't know why you want to use OS/2 boot loader

Which is better, emacs or vim or something else? Choosing IBM Boot Manager
after once learning how it works, vs. any other booting system, is a similar
type of choice. On every system I have both Linux and OS/2 on, my choice for
primary boot loader is IBM's Boot Manager. Grub I put only on / or /boot
partitions, and never on MBR, even though I like Grub and always use it
instead of Lilo. IBM BM is simple to use and effective in operation,
essentially a (logically speaking) easy to configure chainloader. It's main
drawback is its requirement of exclusive use of a primary partition, though
that need not be on the first BIOS HD.
--
" A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/