Re: [opensuse] kst2 in kde4
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:25:31 +0200
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 21:49 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Thursday 24 September 2009 09:30:04 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
kst is a great tool. My first question is why it is in the educational
category. It is a proper scientific/engineering tool. educational, to
me, conjures up learning French or geography. labPlot is similarly
improperly categorized.

Bug report please!

I did a bug report for a different kst2 issue that is a fatal problem -
it will not open data files.

The category issue is JM2CW. I can't call a preference difference a bug.

The openGL issue is, of course, serious. I was waiting on that until
there was a version that would at least work (see bug about opening data
files). At that time, I can see if the openGL problem persists. Opening
a file at all is a bigger fish.

(Sorry for the late reply. There has been ISP madness in these parts. I
trust all is sorted.)

Now to the real issue. I am trying to run the current version 2 beta on
a 4.3.1 kde4 system. However, the app fails with:

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Segmentation fault

This is true. I do not have glx on the machine in question (ATI FireGL
V3300 is not supported by the ATI driver...)

Is this a compile flag that openSUSE set so that kst requires this? Or
is it a thing kst will always need? I can file a bug if it is a bug. But
I am exploring first.

No, I did a quick google and it seems kst added an OpenGL dependency in its
port to KDE 4. I don't know why it crashes. Perhaps you could chase it up
on the kst list and open a bug if openSUSE is doing something wrong in our
builds?

I will do this.

--
Roger Oberholtzer