Re: [opensuse] KDE4: How do I get it to stop opening terminals in ~/Documents
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:09:47 -0500
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 11:23:43 am Bruce Ferrell wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-30-09 11:28]:
phanisvara das wrote:
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 08:35:45 pm Bruce Ferrell wrote:
I know this is a silly question, but I don't see any settings for this

how do you open your terminals? krunner (alt + F2), menu shortcut, F4
from konqueror?

alt+f2... Most typically xterm

Your problem is "Personal Settings" in the menu, go to "Personal" and
"About Me" then "Paths" and change "Documents path:" to /home/<your
logon> and xterm will open in <home>.

I don't have the bug number handy but it has been submitted and much
comment, just hasn't been solved :^(

That solved it. Thank you!

Whoever put that in "about me" was a real putz. For that matter, whoever came
up with calling a group of technical settings "about me" -- and -- whoever
signed off on the idea --> should be shot.

That's 1/2 the problem with kde4, users can't find the normal configuration
parameters without having to expand every possible hiding place and hunt and
pick through every sub-option to find what was easily found an logically
placed in kde3. "about me", give me a break...

Go try to find the old "Window Decoration -> Menu Drop Shadow" setting... Good
Luck :-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC