Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:03:29 +0200
At 15:45:57 on Thursday Thursday 01 October 2009, phanisvara das
<phani00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 01 October 2009 07:02:16 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
DFSee, by the way, is among other things an alternative to fdisk, but

much

more versatile -- and it works with Linux, Windows, Mac (I think),
and OS/2. You can look at its website, or ask e.g. Felix Miata (or
anyone else who came from OS/2) about it.

i don't know about DFSee, but prefer to use a disk manager native to
the system i'm trying to install. have had bad experience with
partitions created by windows when installing linux for the first time.

If, as Greg has suggested, the oS installer is doing odd things, that is a
perfect reason for using an expernal partitioner. Like you, I would not
touch a Windows utility for this purpose, but I know that DFSee is
standards-compliant, and has nothing to do with Windose except that it
works with it.

I am confidant that the confusion that has developed is not the result of
a DFSee problem.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on