Re: [opensuse] Re: Periodic problem resolving URLs?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:39:39 +0200
I still have to properly test browsing direct to a IP instead of a URL
on the next outage.

it's the first test to do :-(

Sure :-) but.. the outage only lasts about 30 seconds to a minute,
and triggers randomly. I just tested via the IP for google.com, and I
was able to load the google.com page via IP when using URL would just
timeout. Pinging google. errored as well as dig, traceroute etc. I
didn't have time to try ping/traceroute using the IP address before
connectivity returned.

then try the other dns that where given (openDNS, 208.67.222.222 &
208.67.220.220)

I just configured openDNS... now I have to try it for a while and see
what happens. It's hard to tell if there is any difference initially
since the problem pops up on its own schedule instead of being
repeatable :-P Makes for an incredibly difficult to diagnose problem.

I still want to try rebooting the router and modem again to see if
this makes a difference. (I'm trying one thing at a time this time
instead of all at once)

C.