Re: [opensuse] Re: Periodic problem resolving URLs?
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:01:26 -0400
Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Clayton wrote:
<snip>
BC

Just to follow-up on this.

Which version of Firefox are you using - IF you are using FF?

Both my wife and I have found some strange behaviour with FF (which I
have been exclusively using sine the Netscape days) that recently we do
not get pages appearing when selected. The usual "excuse" is that the
URL cannot be accessed. Close down FF, start it again, and the wanted
web page is loaded without a problem. This only started in the past
couple of weeks (give or take - nobody really keeps daily notes, you
know :-) .)

BC

Now that others are seeing random problems I also have been seeing
random lockups, pages won't load, etc. The last update on my system for
Mozilla was on August 21st and the problems seem to have started right
after that.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998