Re: [opensuse] Number of days between forced fsck during boot (SOLVED)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:31:28 +1000

On Wednesday, 2009-09-09 at 13:03 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

No flame intended - but - that is why I love the reiserfs - it checks
every time you boot and/or crash.

Verner was trying to at minimise the checks or get rid of them
completely- and not have them performed at each boot :-) .

It is actually the same. All are checked on every boot, somehow or
another, to determine that no "real" check is needed. The difference
is that ext2 (and perhaps ext3) requires a periodic "real" check anyways.
OK, I see the difference which you are trying to point out.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."