Re: [opensuse] Any thought about ditching the "Green" for 11.2?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:32:39 +1000
David C. Rankin wrote:
On Thursday 03 September 2009 05:32:07 pm Philip Dowie wrote:

I've always thought the green was kind of ugly, reminding me of
Lima beans.

The green is the chamelon!

I had a refreshing experience with past holiday that is really fitting
relate here. I had set up a server for him years ago that simply served as a
basic file server and isn't connected to the internet. He brought it down for
maintenance. When I booted the box, I was greeted by a very nice blue theme
and a classic picture of a lake with reed lining the shore and a nicely done
"SuSE 9.2" across the top.

Why nothing like that today??

David,

This came up some years ago and there is a 'fix' for this. Basically
involves unarchving some file, replacing the graphic with one of your
choice, then arching the file again.

Have a look at the Knowledge Database for SuSE.

I am going thru my papers here to see if I can find the reference -
which I am pretty sure I printed out - but you may be able to find what
you are looking in the Database.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."