Re: [opensuse] Re: KDE3 broken? Yes or No Let's vote
On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 20:05 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I think it is unfair and unfortunate that a very small number of people
have set such a negative tone for this list. I think in general, this
list is a valuable resource for users (and what I'm saying here should
NOT in any way be construed as otherwise), but I agree with Adam's
statement above and feel that something needs to be done to address those
issues he's identified.
Something being "politely ask users to use a professional form when
writing to the list".

That has consistently failed.

Any more than that would have to include
enforcement, which will likely do more harm than good.

I have no problem with "enforcement"; I'm on numerous 'enforced' lists
and they all are more constructive than here. I've never seen
enforcement do any harm. Anyway I'm probably signing off again, but it
would be nice if someone could figure something out. Maybe create an
opensuse-kde list for people who
prefer-to-use-but-also-hate-KDE-yet-somehow-blame-openSUSE [!?!?!?!?,
yea, it makes no sense]. Or maybe an opensuse-gnome list where GNOME
uses can seek refuge and have civil discussions.