Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org 3.1(and prev versions) locking up?
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 19:28:56 +0530
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Clayton<smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Periodically, and on random documents, OOo 3.1.0 (latest build from
the openSUSE repos) on openSUSE drives one CPU core to 100% and OOo
locks solid.  I cannot pin this down to any one thing/event or
document style/content.  When this happens OOo stops responding, and
the only way out is to force-kill the soffice.bin process.

Any ideas?  Anyone else encountering this?

I have a similar problem when copying a HTML webpage w/ images /(eg
http://www.linuxforu.com/how-to/recovering-deleted-files-easily/, [1]
for actual .odt file download)/ and pasting it with images onto
OpenOffice. On clicking on any of the images to resize or edit it, the
application (OO-Writer) hangs temporarily, but it comes back again
after a while, by itself (2-5 min, depending on document size).
Generally, there is no need to kill the process (OO-Writer) when it
hangs, as mostly it recovers by itself.

This happens on OpenOffice (version 3.0.1 Build 9379), installed on
Ubuntu 9.04 & openSUSE 11.1 (i686); on a desktop PC with Core2Duo
E8500 (3.20 GHz) CPU, with 2 GB RAM, again only with documents copied
over from a webpage.

C.

Jay

[1]
http://cid-7a88a7096e694629.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Linux|_Temp/Recover|_Deleted|_Files|_Linux.odt

--
Linux User 483705 | openSUSE 11.1, Ubuntu 9.04 (i686) w/Windows XP