Re: [opensuse] WTF? KDE 4.3.1 reverts back to .jpg instead of .jpeg as default extension??
  • From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:18:48 +0200
2009/9/3 David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Listmates,

       Alright, what in the heck is going on. Ever since kde4 first emerged,
it
changed the default jpeg extension fro .jpg to .jpeg. Just one of those things
you have to live with, right?

       Now I have directories full of the .jpeg extension files. For example:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/openSUSE_bugs/kde4/screenshots/

       Today, after a fresh 4.3.1 update, I go to save another kde4 bug
screenshot,
and now the default extension is ".jpg"

       What gives? Is it going to stay ".jpg" now, or is the just another
temporary
bug in kde4?

The default will stay .jpg, and ideally .jpeg files will be saved as
.jpeg when edited as well (please triage that, by the way). I cannot
find the bug at the moment (I am at the university), but if you want
to read it let me know and I'll dig it up this evening.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il