Re: [opensuse] Reply to G T Smith
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:28:03 +1000
Peter Nikolic wrote:
On Monday 31 Aug 2009 08:16:13 Basil Chupin wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [08-30-09 22:49]:

I encourage every one to waste no time fiddling with activities.

They are horribly broken and unstable at this point. So much so that
I have not been able to achieve three consecutive days without
activities running wild, multiplying like rabits and just generally
getting hozed.

They may be workable by release 4.3

I'd rather see everyone get together and lobby the KDE team to
abandon the concept of activities or provide a way to turn them off
totally.

The are zero improvement over multiple desktops.

I have little problem with either...

They have steadfast withheld the popular demand for different
wallpapers on each desktop so they could ramn this activities concept
down our throats.

You know not what you say! I have different wallpaper on each of my six
desktops.

OK, let me - and others - know how you have achieved this? A different
wallpaper on each of the six desktops, right? Using 11.1 or 11.2 and
KDE4.3, right? And using the 32-bit version of 11.1 or 11.2, right?

BC

That tac has been tried before Basil and we never got told how just some
excuse for a tale .

Pete .

Well, Patrick has specifically stated that he had a different wallpaper
on each of his 6 Desktops (I, too, use 6 Desktops); I have asked him how
he achieved this.

Let's first see what his answer is.

BC

--
Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches
complete understanding of the minute details."

Confucius