Re: [opensuse] Uninstalling xen
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:46:23 -0400
On Wednesday 26 August 2009 22:47:00 Basil Chupin wrote:
Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

For some unknown reason zypper installed the xen kernel and source while
doing a normal upgrade yesterday. Don't want it, need it, and takes up
space.

What would be the proper way to uninstall it rather than just deleting
files?

Bob S

This is an educated guess (not a statement of 'fact' :-) ) but I would
think that the way to do this is to go to Software Management in YaST
and delete the entries for xen kernel and select the one you want -
probably the pae one. I also think that you will need to get the kernel
and its headers.

Well, thanks Basil,

But the xen kernel installed alongside my "default" kernel so getting a new
kernel is not a problem. Just wanted to get rid of the xen kernel in
a "proper" manner. zypper can probably do it also. Just don't want to screw
everything up and leave bits and pieces scattered everywhere.

Bob S