[opensuse] Mount USB HD on plug-in
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:51:41 +0930
Hi all.

I have 2 external USB HDD's that I use for backup purposes, one of which is
used for nightly backups run from cron, the other for ad-hoc backup and
general storage use.

I have setup udev rules for these drives to create persistent dev symlinks for
them and they auto-mount when accessed from dolphin, but I would like them to
auto-mount as soon as the system detects that they're plugged in.

I know that this used to be possible, and I'm sure it still is; I just don't
know which config files I need to create/edit to make it happen under
openSuse.

Can some kind person please point me in the right direction, either with an
example or a link to a web page where I can find the right info? Google hasn't
been particularly helpful so far (but maybe I'm just searching for the wrong
text).

Thanks in advance,