Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (1558 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
Re: [opensuse] KDE 3 users: What's missing in KDE 4.3?
- From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:41:04 +0300
- Message-id: <880dece00908261041p5db65cfeo661d5b36648e5be0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Some of the things have already been reported here, and some of these things
may be configuration problems on my machine, but I think that they should work
"out of the box".
- image Gallery (HTML) is missing in konqueror
Here's the problem with the image gallery: it is neither a file
management operation nor a web browsing operation. Sure, it is
convenient to do from within the file manager, but it is not file
management. That is why you can add it, but it does not come out of
- all the different kind of folder views that have been in konqueror 3.5 esp
for pictures. Also I can not watch pictures in konqueror any more, the arrows
for next and previous image are missing.
Please vote and comment here:
- the *.torrents are unknown by konqueror and dolphin and have to be
Fixed in KDE 4.3!
- before I could unmount USB-Sticks... in konqueror, Now I have this icon in
the "kicker" that opens and never closes when I connect a new media. It should
close one moment even if I don't click on it. And also the operations to be
executed should be just right there maybe accessible with a right click, and
not in a new window.
That is the Devices Notifier widget, and it should close. At least it
closes here on my KDE 4.3 system. However, I do not see an easy way to
get to the mounted media in Konqueror, so I filed this:
Furthermore, you are right, there is no way to unmount, so I filed this:
Please comment and vote on them!
Also the list of actions to be executed is quite limited. It would be nice to
get back the same choices as in 3.5.
Please list the actions that are missing for you. Thanks!
- konqueror shows the same icons on this side bar for root and network folder
before the root-folder was in red
In KDE 4.3 (on my Kununtu test system at least) the root folder is indeed red.
- when I add a new entry to the "Orte" list in dolphin then I can choose an
icon, but my choice is ignored.
Orte: Places. On my system it works just fine, but I did have problems
with it in KDE 4.1. Try the latest version.
- I can't configure the "kicker" any more as I could before. Like giving it a
color or a background image...
There is no more Kicker, the panel is now "plasma", same as the
desktop. Please, please comment and vote on this bug so that I could
Be convincing. The reason for the bug's closure was a technical
reason, not a philosophical reason, so I am hoping to reopen it with
an upstream to Qt or the workaround that was presented in the bug.
- I have this double click thing here with all the themes only oxygen is
running with normal single click.
I have no problem with this in KDE 4.3.
- my konqueror can not access ftp servers
The Fish protocol is broken! Upgrade to the latest version and comment here:
In the meantime, use sftp as a workaround.
- on the "kicker", right side, are two buttons with the same icon for two
different actions. Two different actions should have different buttons
Which buttons? Which actions?
- ktorrent has a few features that are not working any more like the UPnP for
example. It doesn't show my routers any more.
I really don't know enough about that to comment. It may be a KDE
issue or a Suse issue. Can you start a new thread either here or on
the KDE list? I'm sorry, but I don't want to give you any misleading
- "miniprogramm" Dictionary. I can't configure it. It defaults to english -
Is that a KDE app? I've never heard of it!
Well for the moment that's all I miss :-)
I will be here if you find more! Thanks!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|