Re: [opensuse] Sound
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:23:45 -0400
On Wednesday 19 August 2009 15:48:52 Andre den Oudsten wrote:
Bob S schreef:
On Tuesday 18 August 2009 13:56:59 Andre den Oudsten wrote:
Karl Sinn schreef:
I get a sound signal when mails are coming in.

Then I don't know. Maybe somebody else can say something here?

André,

Just to verify. Go into your personal settings - System Settings - Sound
& Multimedia -System Notifications and make sure everything is set up
there. Near the bottom is a way to "play a sound" make sure it works. If
it does, then try your sound again.

If it does not, run alsaconf in a terminal and follow the commands there.
Try it. Report back.

You have made sure that nothing is muted in Kmix, right?

Bob S

Following your suggestions I have sound now!!!
Thanks,
André

Good, I am happy to help another SuSE user.

Bob S