Re: [opensuse] General Poor quality of Opensuse
  • From: Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:33:06 -0700
Peter Nikolic wrote:
On Saturday 11 Jul 2009 00:47:42 Peter Nikolic wrote:

-->8 snippage 8<---

Beagle ! what a total pain and complete resource hog once again it needs to
be a LOT easier to un-install or not install at all With the requisite
warning for those that do install it beware it will hog your CPU for
excessive amounts of time , Likewise Nepomuk .

KDE now i actually don't happen to believe all that has been said about
the use of or rather almost ENFORCED use of KDE4.x and whilst it is sort
of shaping up it will not be ready for the 11.2 release no way too much
still don't play ball nice at all and needs sorting a lot to do with
multimedia just plain does not work or if it does thanks to the enforced
use of that pulseaudio stuff jitters and skips or as happens here when
playing a DVD it stops then repeats a sylable carries on for a few seconds
then does the same again well i spose if you like Norman Collier that's
all well and good i think he's a prat .

I got rid of beagle easily enough. I really don't feel the need to
index the world. Pulse if giving me fits on 11.1, if someone posts how
to get rid of it, I'll kiss yoou... OK, only if you're a girl... But you
STILL have to tell me how to get rid of pulse! :)

And while we're fixing things, can we *please* fix KDE and bluetooth? I
committed hereasy and booted kubuntu to see if it was a problem generic
to KDE and my hardware. surprise! pairing worked there. it doesn't on
11.1... unless you do some magic incantation using gnome components,
which I can never remember and the old text config files no longer work
(I Think that's an upstream thing, but I'm not sure) and that make
bluetooth unusable in a console only environment.

ok, now I'm done ranting :)