Re: [opensuse] make fails on hplip
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:51:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Aug 11 23:30 Bob S wrote (shortened):
Just ignorance on my part. Didn't realize there was an RPM. My first
experience with an HP. Always had Epson before. I will dump the compiled
version and use the RPM. Thanks for straightening me out. Will Yast set it
up? or does the HP-setup program get used?

I recommend to run HP's own setup program /usr/bin/hp-setup
directly as root.

If you get totally strange messages about CUPS not running or
whatever weird stuff, it is most likely a locale issue, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/hplip/+bug/225970

In this case the following commands enforce a plain ASCII locale
which let /usr/bin/hp-setup running without locale issues:
export LC_ALL="POSIX"
export LANG="POSIX"
/usr/bin/hp-setup

Kind Regards