Re: [opensuse] Losing NFS mounts on 11.1
  • From: Joseph Loo <joseph.loo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:30:53 -0700
James Pifer wrote:
On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 19:09 -0400, Ciro Iriarte wrote:

AutoFS might be a good option too, it will mount the share on demand
(each time a user requests to access the mount point.

Regards,
Ciro

Trying autofs. No luck getting it to work so far. Looking at the man
page and google, but not sure what I'm doing wrong.

My auto.master has:
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
#
#/misc /etc/auto.misc
#
# NOTE: mounts done from a hosts map will be mounted with the
# "nosuid" and "nodev" options unless the "suid" and "dev"
# options are explicitly given.
#
#/net -hosts
#
# Include central master map if it can be found using
# nsswitch sources.
#
# Note that if there are entries for /net or /misc (as
# above) in the included master map any keys that are the
# same will not be seen as the first read key seen takes
# precedence.
#
+auto.master
/home/user/shares auto.shares

I created an executable /etc/auto.shares and it has:
storage rw 192.168.0.22:/storage
mythtv rw 192.168.0.16:/mythtv

Start the autofs service.

In /var/log/messages I get nothing, but it doesn't automount either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

Do you have a direcotry /home/users/shares?

storage rw 192.168.0.22:/storage
mythtv rw 192.168.0.16:/mythtv

Should be

storage 192.168.0.22:/storage
mythtv 192.168.0.16:/mythtv

I suggest you change the following line

#/net -hosts

/net /etc/auto.net

If it is properly configured then you should be able to do the following:

ls /net/192.168.0.22

It should list the shared directory.

--

Joseph Loo