Re: [opensuse] User unknown in relay recipient table when sending mail to user alias
  • From: Sandy Drobic <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:19:59 +0200
Clayton wrote:

These are the domains that your postfix server sees as local domains:

mydomain.com
linux-tliy.mydomain.com

Valid recipients are in /etc/passwd and /etc/aliases.

What does the logline say about the bounced email?

A couple selected lines (sanitized with IPs, and real email addresses
replaced):

Aug 2 13:29:28 linux postfix/smtpd[16770]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
mxout-137-ewr.ma
ilhop.org[IP_ADDRESS_REMOVED]: 554 5.7.1 <local_alias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Relay access denied; from=<local_alias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
to=<local_alias@xxxxxxxxxxxx> proto=ESMTP helo=<mx1.mailhop.org>

Okay, here's a contradiction, I can't explain with the output of "postconf -n".

The phrase "relay access denied" is only used, when the domain is not
recognized by Postfix as one that Postfix feels responsible for. But "postconf
-n" shows that it is included in mydestination.

The only explanation I have is that you overrode this with a setting in
master.cf. Please show the master.cf.

Aug 2 13:31:07 linux postfix/smtpd[16961]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
mxout-203-ewr.ma
ilhop.org[IP_ADDRESS_REMOVED]: 554 5.7.1 <local_alias@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Relay access denied; from=<external_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to=<local_alias@xxxxxxxxxxxx> proto=ESMTP helo=<mx1.mailhop.org>

This only happens when I attempt to send to newly defined aliases, or
to the old aliases such as abuse, postmaster etc.

This shouldn't have anything to do with a local alias. It's the domain itself
that is not recognized as a local domain. In case of a missing local alias it
would say "user unknown in ... table".