[opensuse] nvidia repo/driver question
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:15:33 -0400
Hello SuSE people,

Running 11.0 and KDE3.

My video card died and I went out and bought a new GeForce 8400 GS and
installed it. Now I need a new driver and I don't have the nvidia repo
installed. Went out and found the repo in the "other" Suse repo list and
tried to install it in Yast and it wouldn't accept it.

Anybody kind enough to give me the correct URL?

So, I then went amd found the "one click" and installed what I thought was the
right driver. Evidently not. After restarting X i emded up on the Konsole
command line and i had to xorg.conf and change "nvidia" to "nv" to get my
screen back again.

Anybody know what the correct driver is for that card?

Thanks

Bob S