Re: [opensuse] Re: configuring postscript on 11.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:09:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-07-19 at 19:56 +0200, jdd wrote:

Per Jessen a écrit :

jdd, isn't that what you started out by doing?

yes/no :-(

I never remove an option, only comment them on/out
There are two places where options can be seen:

* main part of the file, where the comments are done. In this
part there is no default (all options commented out)

* at the end of the file a list of options. This is the place where
YaST makes the changes (lats value win). I happenned to have the spool
directory removed at some moment, probably using YaST (incorrectly). I
seems to be present at install time

This place is disturbing, because when opening the file to fix it, one
usually begin working on top and don't even see there is an option at
the end

Then, use "postconf" (perhaps better than "postconf -n", IMO, except for expert people like Sandy), to see the actual settings.

default is said to be "all", this should be good

Yes, that works too - but the installation default is 'localhost', quite

yes, but then why have you to change the default?

The suse defaults to "localhost" because it is safer, as postfix is installed by default. When someone actually wants to setup a mail server, he knows that he has to change that setting.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)