[opensuse] Re: Configuring postfix [Was: configuring postscript on 11.1]
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 20:58:25 +0200
Carlos E. R. a écrit :

You need an MX record first...

When a domain name has no MX listed, the A record will be tried next. If
that doesn't exist, and the name is a subdomain, the main domain will
be tried.

I have an A record for kim2.dodin.org

Are you sure? I think I remember sendmail failing because of that, with
a message like host not found.

mail sent don't come back, don't come to the dodin.org mx

but can I give a kim2.dodin.org mx without disturbing the main
dodin.org mx? mx is said to be closely tied with domain name, I don't
know what subdomain do in the middle (but would like to know :-)

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net