Re: [opensuse] configuring postscript on 11.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:07:35 +0200
jdd wrote:

Hello :-)

I always find Postscript config confusing and this don't change with
openSUSE versions :-(.

Time ago I went to the conclusion than it was best to remove (comment
out) all the suse options (at the end of main.cf) and just adding
"mydomain" and "myhostname".

Umm, I would have left those, they're actually a pretty good default
config.

Never mind, in order to make your postfix receive mail from other hosts,
you need to amend "inet_interfaces" to include your hostname or
ip-address. Check with netstat -ltn that it is indeed listening on
port 25.

Then try connecting to it with 'telnet <host> 25'.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.4°C)