[opensuse] Unable to do Online Update/Package Management.More detailed report.
  • From: Luis Maceira <luis_a_maceira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

First I can download the file primary.xml.gz without problem using Firefox.
In Yast the proxy settings are empty(not established).The firewall I use
is the suSE Firewall configured automatically on install.
The exact error message is:
Download(curl) error for "http://download.opensuse.org/.../primary.xml.gz";
Error code unrecognized error.
Error message: transfer closed with 951976 bytes remaining to read.

When I close this error message appears a second:
Cannot access installation media (Medium 1)
Check whether the server is accessible.

So,right now I cannot do Online Update or any Package Management(using rpm
directly probably I can do it).