Re: [opensuse] HELP - How to I delete a directory that won't die! (no rm -rf isn't the answer)
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:06:34 +0800
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

I must have had a script go bad and completely screw up a file or two
in a directory and now I cannot "ls" the directory, I cannot "rm -rf" the
directory, but I can "mv" the directory and I can "cd" into the directory.

Interesting issue! Did you try to mount an USB flash disk, "mv" the
buggy directory to the flash disk, and do mkdosfs on the USB flash disk?
If it can be moved, it must can be removed.