[opensuse] HELP - How to I delete a directory that won't die! (no rm -rf isn't the answer)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:48:55 -0500
Listmates,

I must have had a script go bad and completely screw up a file or two
in a directory and now I cannot "ls" the directory, I cannot "rm -rf" the
directory, but I can "mv" the directory and I can "cd" into the directory.

The directory holds font files and I ran a script with "tr" in the
scripts and I had the wrong arguments to tr and now there is a mess. The
directory "V2" has the following properties:

drwxrwxrwx 2 david dcr 128552960 2009-07-16 22:28 V2/

I booted to runlevel 1 and fsck'ed the disk and it is fine. So, I know
this is one of those cases where I have screwed up the files in the directory
well beyond my ability just delete them and I'm --- stuck.

What is the best way to recover??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC