[opensuse] Re: General Poor quality of Opensuse
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:26:16 -0400
Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:

Almost seems like an answer looking for a problem. IF it can make me
more productive, then great. Since I have yet to see any evidence of
that, then IMHO, it's a waste of time except for the developers
working on it.

I am taking a wait and see attitude. I will try it out
periodically. However, personally I am addicted to org-mode:

http://orgmode.org/

Which, IMHO, is the greatest thing since slice bread. With it I can:

1. Capture anything with 1 keystroke
2. Link to anything
3. Tag anything
4. Perform quick and powerful searches
4. Publish in various format

However, it is not for everyone.

Since most people buy computers with Windows on them, the manufacturer
is usually the one that supplies everything they need, so they aren't
aware that it's an issue,

Very true.

Charles

--
I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody. It doesn't generate revenue.
(Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux)