Re: [opensuse] boot option for AHCI (installed with IDE) ?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:01:07 +0200
On Saturday 11 July 2009 16:55:19 Markus Koßmann wrote:
Am Samstag, 11. Juli 2009 schrieb Diego Tognola:
Hi all,

I've set up a dual boot Vista/openSuse11.1. For the install of openSuse I
had my BIOS set to SATA=IDE which now means I'd have to change the BIOS
setting to AHCI each time I boot into Vista.

Silly situation I know, fall back would be to re-install suse with AHCI I
guess.

But is there a boot option to switch to AHCI ?

No. You just have to include the ahci driver in to your initrd
Edit /etc/syscconfig/kernel and add ahci to INITRD_MODULES. Then run
mkinitrd.

You may also need to edit /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/menu.lst to change the
disk names, since the default is to mount by ID, and I'm not sure if the disks
are called scsi-sata-something if you have SATA=IDE in the bios. I know they
are if you have it set to AHCI

Anders