Re: [opensuse] how to set up a fylafax 'client'
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 01:48:47 -0400
On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 13:49 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hello,

Our company is deploying some hylafax servers. Very nice nifty things.
On the windows clients, it's rather simple, we installed hylafax client, a
new printer is there, properly configured and sending faxes is possible in
2 minutes.

So: the server is running linux, my WS is running linux.. but HOW do I get my
client to send a fax the same way my windows colleagues do? of course I
can bash out and use sendfax, but I'll never be able to explain to co-workers
why they have to do that now.

I found an old SDB [1] to set 'something' up, but first off I'm using gnome,
not KDE, 2nd even though I started kprint and tried adding a printer,
Hylafax is not an option.

Any good tutorials out there on how to get hylafax 'printing' to work?

Thanks for your inputs,
Dominique

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Setting_up_a_Fax_Printer_with_Hylafax

Before my hardware modem died I was using jhylafax, which I did not
get with SuSE at that time. (IIRC sourceforge had it
http://jhylafax.sourceforge.net/)