Re: [opensuse] how to set up a hylafax 'client' [getting more OT]
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:46:29 -0400
Per Jessen said the following on 06/08/2009 10:24 AM:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

On 6/8/2009 at 4:00 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2. Dealing with the complexities of PDF forms that need to be
filled in, signed and faxed.
signed?
I understood the statement as:
- fill in
- print
- sign (you know.. this process with a pen in your hand)
- fax

Dominique

But given that Anton is on a laptop, he will have to scan in the printed
copy and then fax it. It's certainly doable, but by now Anton might as
well drag a regular fax machine along, and forget about hylafax
altogether :-)

Well yea, I mean its only a couple of hundred bucks an about 10 kilos
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012YS2IA?ie=UTF8&tag=emergentprope-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0012YS2IA
HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One Printer

Heck, while I'm about it I may as well get a portable power supply
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E6LEIC?ie=UTF8&tag=emergentprope-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000E6LEIC
Xantrex Powerpack 600 Watt Jumpstarter, Power Inverter
since its only another couple of hundred bucks.

Hmm. Looks like I'll need a hand-cart as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HBH1BM?ie=UTF8&tag=emergentprope-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001HBH1BM
Magna Cart Ideal Hand Truck

Still, a new laptop would count as capital equipment an I'd have to get
my boss and his boss to sign off on that, which is unlikely, but these
low cost items could be expensed.

I just worry about using them on the plane.