Re: [opensuse] 1-click install of kde4 factory on 11.0 breaks Yast (qt45 issue)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 02:57:07 -0500
On Wednesday 03 June 2009 15:06:40 Larry Stotler wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE

<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's not the point, David was talking about testing 4.3 beta.

Maybe there needs to be a warning that the 1 click install will fail
IF you have Factory or Backports enabled. I've had issues with KDE3
and Backports with packages being changed to KDE4 and breaking
things(like KNetworkmanager not long ago).

Dunno why this didn't go through the first time, but here it is again:

Larry,

I had backports disabled. The problem here is that the
./repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0/x86_64/ which is
added as part of the 1-click install contains the following qt45 libraries:

libqt4-4.5.1-47.1
libqt4-sql-4.5.1-47.1
libqt4-devel-doc-data-4.5.1-49.1
libqt4-sql-sqlite-4.5.1-47.1
libqt4-qt3support-4.5.1-47.1
libqt4-x11-4.5.1-47.1
libpoppler-qt4-3-0.10.6-6.7
libpolkit-qt0-0.9.2-7.1
libqt4-devel-4.5.1-47.1
libQtWebKit4-4.5.1-49.1
libqt4-devel-doc-4.5.1-49.1
libQtWebKit-devel-4.5.1-49.1

When you hit the 1-click, they get installed and break software
management.
Then when you disable the /KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop repo to downgrade, the
dependencies want to completely remove KDE 4.3. This time, I want to keep it
around...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC