Re: [opensuse] Latest KDE4 update - new cool stuff!
  • From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:27:03 +0300
I *want* to believe, but still, almost a year after it was rolled out in
11.1, KDE4 continues to struggle with base functionality, while
continuing to improve its appearance.

I would appreciate if you would start a new thread and CC me with the
KDE4 issues that you have. I file many bugs on KDE4 and I can help you
file the bugs and feature requests that you need. If you want to keep
if off list, then you can email me privately. Thanks!

When people start raving about how almost all their base functionality
works well, and some of it works better because of KDE4, I will invest
the time and effort to try it again. (I had originally installed 11.1
with KDE4).

Okular and Dolphin are far better than KPDF and Konqueror in KDE3 for
_most_users. I never thought that I'd be saying that!

So please, by all means, someone, any one, please explain to me in terms
I can understand, what KDE4 will do for me that makes my day on Linux go
better.

Without knowing your workflow, that is impossible. But I can help
address the prblems that you've had.

And until that time, I suspect that there will be a lot of resistance to
making the shift, at least as much resistance as there is acceptance by
those who want to have the newest first. Newer and cooler isn't
automatically better, even if it is better for some subset of those who
try it.

Agreed 100%. KDE 4.2 does however work for most end users, in contract
to KDE 4.0 and 4.1

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com