Re: [opensuse] Mounting NFS Shares During Boot
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:17:37 -0400
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Tuesday May 12 2009, Per Jessen wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

Hi,

It seems like a routine thing, but I can't find any information.

Given an NFS share (server-side) and an fstab entry (client-side)
that can be successfully mounted manually, what must be done on the
cliet side to get that share mounted during reboot?

From my /etc/fstab:

fileserver:/some/where /else/where nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

I don't think this is about the obvious. Naurally, I have a suitable
entry in /etc/fstab.

Perhaps I should clarify: fstab-supported monting works if done manually
after reboot is complete and I can log in.

You could always add the mount command to /etc/init.d/after.local. You
may have to create that file though.