Re: [opensuse] Interactive Firewall Needed
  • From: "L. V. Lammert" <lvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 10:06:55 -0500
At 04:59 PM 5/5/2009 +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:

So, your question is clear, but I can't answer it at the moment. I never
tried it, but maybe AppArmor can?
Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

Frans.

AppArmor is designed for servers, however OpenSuSE's built-in firewall works *almost* like the OP's requirements, the difference being the user is required to know in advance to open the port. A few mouse clicks, and it's done.

The fallacy with the OP's argument about 'popping up a dialog box to allow that application' is that all Windoze users are conditioned to hit that OK button for EVERYTHING, so a confirmation dialog just as bad as no security at all.

Lee