Re: [opensuse] kde3 is gone... for 11.2
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:10:32 -0400
Larry Stotler wrote:
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are correct. The original discussion caused KDE3 to *be* included
in 11.1 as a *last* issue rather than 10.3 being the last issue. ll.2
was scheduled to be all KDE4, and other window managers.

KDE3 is supposed to be available from the community repositories IF
they can get people to maintain it for 11.2. The devs have made it
clear that they are focusing their efforts on KDE4 for the next
release so anyone wanting to continue with KDE3 probably will have to
stay with 11.0 or 11.1.

Well, I have already decided not to go with 11.1, so I guess I'll be using 11.0 for a while. As far as I can see, KDE 4 (aka Linux Vista) needs a *LOT* of improving, before it's good enough for me.