Re: [opensuse] samba ports and SuSEfirewall2
  • From: lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 16:02:00 +0200
I use shorewall, because, although its all managed
with a collection of small files rather than a GUI it seems easier to
understand and easier to maintain.

Hi John. On my lan I used Yast to configure SuSEfirewall2. That's GUI and it
works out of the box on an nfs lan. With samba on a simple 2 box setup it
doesn't. EOS.

Folks, can we drop this now? i feel obliged to reply as I started this
thread.but simply do not have the time to. I really do appreciate what you
guys do and the time you spend here but I can't afford the time you do here.
Thank you all once again for all the time you have given me. I really do feel
guilty because this was not a work issue but a personal listening to music
issue.

Love from Lynn x