[opensuse] Re: Why Not Fix the Easy Bugs??
  • From: "J. L. Turriff" <jlt1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:05:08 -0500
On Saturday 11 April 2009 07:04:20 Sven Burmeister wrote:
KDE3 will be community maintained, so if there is a KDE3 community, it will
fix bugs. I think it makes sense that openSUSE focuses its resources on the
products that are part of the 11.2 release.

Sven

Oddly enough, though, they won't even fix some of the bugs in their own code
that prevent use of some of the hardware that the OS itself can see. See bug
494216, where we find that YaST2 and Sax2 (only they can fix them) have
serial devices hard-coded in their selection lists; so if the device that one
has attached does not appear on the list it cannot be configured, even though
the OS receives data from it. SuSE support tells me that my case is not
worth fixing, apparently without even looking to see how much work it would
take: their response came back within 2 minutes, putting the bug in the
NOTFIX category.

Leslie