Re: [opensuse] More Networking Configuration: Local Aliases
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:38:48 -0700

Try changing to:

208.201.233.232 twain.sonic.net twain
208.201.233.233 smiley.sonic.net smiley

Sonic.net net knows not of twain and smiley. They're my fictitious
names for these two hosts.

I realize that as it would only be used for internal purposes not
external even though they have public addresses.

Regardless, it doesn't work.

Does anyone out there have working aliases for hosts on their LANs? If
so, is there a trick? Some sort of magic incantation? Maybe a blood
sacrifice of some sort I must make? (My cat draws blood from time to
time, if that would count.)

--
Ken Schneider

Randall Schulz