Re: [opensuse] More Networking Configuration: Local Aliases
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:02:38 -0700

I got the impression multiple aliases were supported.

I confirmed they are. From the /etc/hosts man page (man 5 hosts):

"For each host a single line should be present with
the following information:

IP_address canonical_hostname [aliases...]

..."

Try changing to:

208.201.233.232 twain.sonic.net twain
208.201.233.233 smiley.sonic.net smiley

Sonic.net net knows not of twain and smiley. They're my fictitious names
for these two hosts.

Ken Schneider

Randall Schulz