Re: [opensuse] Sending System Mail To Aribtrary Address Instead of Local Mailbox?
  • From: Sandy Drobic <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:36:38 +0200

Aha, so the remote email system doesn't accept email from made up
domains. The bounce goes through because it is sent from an empty
address <>, so no domain check there.

Looks like you may have to give your mail server a proper domain
name, to get past the security checks at sonic.com
Can I get the primary outgoing mail to use the empty domain the way the
bounces do? I see these FROM_HEADER and POSTFIX_MASQUERADE_DOMAIN
parameters whose descriptions suggest vaguely that this could be done.

The best way to do this is to configure the system correctly, then mail won't
be lost. If you use the empty address as the sender address then mail will be
lost if it can't be delivered.

You said, that the bounce was getting through, so why don't you use that
address as the sender address?

Bleah! That was supposed to be the recipient address, of course.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!