Re: [opensuse] Time To Call It A Day
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:14:35 +0200
Dave Plater wrote:
Dave Barton wrote:

Thanks Dave. I have already tried the 180.44 driver. The display was
marginally better than with the repository 180.29 rpms, but it was still
useless for my needs.

Regards

Dave

When you compiled the 180.44 driver did you try with and without the 32
bit compatibility mode (assuming you're running x86_64) and in
nvidia-settings, after pressing "detect displays", what resolutions are
available? Never use sax2 with an nvidia 3d enabled driver.
Another thing to check is, your current refresh rate setting may be
preventing higher resolutions. Try switching outputs on your card and
cycling the power on your box and display.
There must be a simple solution to the problem, the most frustrating
problems usually have the simplest solutions.
Regards
Dave P

I see your display has a digital and an analogue input, I assume your
gfxcard only has digital outputs but you should have a DVI to analogue
vga adapter. Try using another output.
Regards
Dave P