Re: [opensuse] Why am I getting 14.6G zypper.log files?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:48:06 -0500
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Wednesday 01 April 2009 12:43:27 David C. Rankin wrote:
That's how the developers tell you to kiss off... it's novell code for "We
know our software is broken, but openSuSE isn't anything anymore other than
a beta platform for SLES and SLED so if you want anything fixed dump your 9
month old install and move to the arguably less stable new release so you
can help us find more bugs faster for our paying customers. WONT FIX -- but
thank you for taking the time to track down the bugs in our code, you can
pick up your consolation prize at the door;-)

Not really. WONTFIX means "this is a feature update or non-critical bug that
is not included in our support promise".

It's really kind of a kick in the nuts to your motivation to take your time
to gather all the data and run the tests to jump up and go file another bug
report isn't it? Been there.

Would you read the bug report already? One developer said he didn't think it
was a valid use case, but other developers chimed in immediately and said it
was, and developed a fix for it. The bug is *not* marked as WONTFIX, it has
in
fact already been fixed. It is marked as "ASSIGNED" and is not being ignored

Anders

Sorry Anders,

I was only being half-serious, I've just been kicked in the nuts so
many time
after spending hours to thoroughly, properly, and professionally to develop and
present an issue to novell.bugzilla for resolution for a maintained release
only to be kicked again and told *WONT FIX* that I guess I'm just getting a
little jaded and needed a sarcastic vent ;-) Note the winking smiley both here
and in the original.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC