Re: [opensuse] What does this mean?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:40:06 +0100
On Saturday 28 March 2009 22:11:59 Keith B. Boykin wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to sync my WM6.1 phone to evolution with SLED 11 and have
followed the instructions to a "t" for synce installation. However, the
software recognizes the phone as ppp0 and when I try to sync I get the
error in the attached file. What does this mean? If I set the phone to
rndis (enable advanced network functionality on the phone), it is not
recognized by the software.

I'm not entirely sure, but it could mean that you're trying to run the sync
software as another user than that logged into X - are you trying to run it as
root?

The first clue is that it is trying to launch d-bus, which should have already
been launched by the logged in user - this indicates that you're running it as
a different user

The second clue is the error about X initialization. By default, no other user
is allowed to connect to your running X server.

Anders